Our STAR (Secondary Tertiary Alignment Resource) courses are available to secondary school students who seek to improve their skills and gain unit standards. Small class sizes, tailored learning plans and one-on-one mentoring are designed to encourage students to re-engage with the learning process. Education gaps and learning styles are identified and students work towards individually set goals. Classes are delivered using a hands-on learning approach to inspire confidence by doing.
- Literacy and Numeracy (developing literacy and numeracy skills through practical activities – level 1 unit standards)
- Communication skills, confidence building and team work (a combination of level 1 and level 2 unit standards)
- Building and Construction (units towards NCEA2 Construction and Infrastructure Vocational Pathway)
By the end of the course students will have gained unit standards and increased their confidence in learning. The positive team building environment means students leave with enhanced communication and interaction skills.
Learners will cover:
- Gain unit standards outside the secondary school environment
- Tailored learning plans address individual learning needs and education gaps
- Kinaesthetic teaching methods appeal to more practical learning styles
WHO CAN ENROL?
Placements are available to currently enrolled secondary students aged 15-18 (year 11-13).
WHERE CAN I STUDY?
STAR courses are available at our centres in
HOW LONG IS THE COURSE?
Courses run 1-2 days per week for 10 weeks, with new intakes at the beginning of each school term. Holiday programmes are also run, by request.
FIND OUT MORE
To find out more, or to discuss how we could tailor a STAR course specifically to your school’s needs, please contact us on 0508 4 CAPITAL (0508 422 748)
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 17 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes