Building and Construction Level 2
This qualification is aimed towards learners who have an interest in working in the building or construction industry. The programme will provide an insight into the building and construction trades, giving learners a chance to develop their building skills through individual and group carpentry projects. It will also provide learners with the opportunity to grow and develop their skills in communication, literacy and numeracy.
- NCEA2 Building and Construction
This qualification includes both theory and practical elements with some units being delivered in a classroom setting and some through the completion of tasks in the workshop.
Learners will cover:
- Develop an understanding of how to use and look after varied hand and power tools,
- How to ensure that you are safe in a Building and Construction environments
- Have a go at a variety of practical tasks, such as making a table, garden furniture and other carpentry activities.
- The wider NCEA2 achievement will be achieved by up skilling in computing skills and completing varied literacy and numeracy tasks on course.
WHO CAN ENROL?
This is a youth qualification designed for all learners aged 16 – 19 who do not already hold a qualification at level 2 or above.
You should hold 40+ level 1 credits on the NZQF. Applicants must also be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
WHERE CAN I STUDY?
HOW LONG IS THE COURSE?
This is a 26 week programme.
Monday – Friday between the hours of 9:00am – 2:30pm
ARE THERE ANY COSTS?
This programme is fees free – we’ll also provide free breakfast each day
WHAT CAN I DO NEXT?
On completion of this qualification, graduates can choose to continue their studies towards either the Certificate in Carpentry (Level 3), or the National Certificate in Carpentry (Level 4) at an external organisation or source an apprenticeship in the building and construction industry.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 26 weeks
- Skill level Level 2
- Language English
- Students 6
- Assessments Self