Following the announcement from the government that we will be moving to red, please see further information of how Capital Training centres will operate safely during this level.
As a reminder under red, we cannot operate from our premises if people are not vaccinated. This means we will need to enforce mandatory vaccine passes for all of our Capital Training centres while under the red traffic light setting.
What this means for learners and visitors to Capital Training premises
- Centres will remain open and staff and learners can attend the Capital Training centres provided they are fully vaccinated. We will require all staff and learners to provide copies of their vaccine passes.
- While we are under red, only vaccinated staff, learners and visitors can enter Capital Training premises.
- All learners and visitor vaccination passes should be scanned on entry to Capital Training premises. We can provide learners with the option to send us a copy of their vaccination pass, once we have this on file, we will not need to scan their pass every day (just the first time they attend to ensure it is legitimate).
- Staff, visitors or learners are not to come into the centre if they are unwell.
- All visitors will need to scan in/ sign in each time they visit. We will also have plenty of scan-in posters up around the Campuses.
For unvaccinated learners
- Unfortunately, unvaccinated learners will not be able to study on campus during red traffic light.
- Distance learning will be arranged, workbooks will be printed and sent out and any technology required to complete a qualification will be organised.
- Tutors will continue to be on hand and can be contacted either by phone, email, or through private messaging the centre FB accounts.
Here is a link to the Ministry of Health website for “Life at Red for Tertiary Education”: https://covid19.govt.nz/traffic-lights/life-at-red/education-at-red/tertiary-education-at-red/